Sunday, March 05, 2006

Way behind on the challenges - sorry Jules!



The second one was "On the street where I live....take some shots of your home and of the room or area that is the most special to you. Journal your thoughts about this room, how you have decorated it and why and what this says about you. Or this page could be about your neighborhood, your connection to it, the best places and things about it."

The journalling (inside the folder) reads
"I love my bedroom! It’s probably the tidiest room in the flat (and that’s not saying a lot!) I read in some article on Feng Shui that to encourage rest & sleep you shouldn’t have anything “work” related in your bedroom or your mind will stay busy long after you should be dreaming sweet dreams. So “my room” is the place where some of my favourite things live – the things that remind me of those I love and in a way, the things that remind me of the “other” me. To the outside world I’m sure I appear a little brittle & sharp. My clothes are usually clean lines with no fuss or frills & that is probably the way I communicate too. Yet here in the nest is where the girly-girl is safe enough to come out and play So when the world is harsh and I want to hide this is where I go. "
"The walls, curtains & most of the bedding is navy blue and it is my dark little nest which is not entirely out of character given my love of dark colours, but it is also full of the gentle things in my life. There are Ted One & Ted Two from Kathy & Leonie, Wolfie from Anne & Monkey from Claire. The dresser & the reclining diva remind me always of Lisa who gave me both and who I miss every day. Then of course there are the bags. Did I tell you I love bags? From my grandfathers old leather suitcases to the girly-girls from Easta, Rosaline & Janet, I love them all and yes, the y are only a few of the collection.! Even the old retro tv which I stole off Joe holds a special place – there are better ones in the flat but it just makes me laugh whenever I look at it. The dolls in the dolls pram? Mmm, well even I have to admit that’s just a bit sick!
Still this is my room warts & all so, welcome to my haven!"

The folder pattern is courtesy of Mirkwood Designs - where would we be without them?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kip said...

I didn't know you liked purses-I do too!!! Your bedroom looks wonderful!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

I love this LO, really of all the ones I am looking at on your blog today this one is exceptional for the most part because of the heart felt journalling. Writing about ourselves can be so intrusive but this is what the BOM is all about. I admire your courage for sharing. I also love that baby brag book. Geesss you are talented! Glad I stopped by, never a disappointment.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home